Testers and Business Analysts are good story tellers that listen to the pains from a User, Stakeholder or Product Owner to retell it to a particular audience.
Once upon a time, there was this curious [fill in the space with Tester or Business Analysts] who heard about this house that had a few issues with breakfast. So Goldilocks [called that cause everything the tester or BA found was gold] decided to go investigating to verify if what they had heard = ‘true’.
Entering the house Goldilocks found bowls of porridge and started to reproduce the issue with breakfast:
- hold the bowl in your left hand
- put the spoon in your right hand
- put spoon into porridge
- move spoon into your mouth
- porridge was too hot
- she received third degree burns to her tongue
What she expected to happen
- porridge would be no more than 40 Celsius
- she would not be harmed from eating this porridge
Attached screenshot of the issue
By retelling a story successfully we achieve the following:
- developer & tester are happy as they know what they need to deliver
- stakeholders are happy an issue that was a priority got fixed
- business analyst happy cause they added value once again to the company
And they all lived ‘Happily Ever After’……….